Fatherlessness is an Alarming Trend
The number of children living without their biological father is huge. But while a man may be physically present, he may not be emotionally present.
- Approximately 1 in 3 US children are raised in homes where their biological father is absent.1
- 24 million children live absent their biological father2
- 40% of children in father-absent homes have not seen their father at all in the past year2
- 11 days (accumulative hours) is the average total time that a dad talks with his child in a lifetime3
- 12 years (accumulative hours) is the total time a father works in a lifetime3
- 37 seconds is the average daily time a father spends one on one with a pre-schooler4
Fatherlessness is Destructive to Childrens' Lives
Study after study shows that kids without a positive role model are more likely to engage in antisocial behavior.
- 72% of all adolescent murders are committed by children who have grown up in fatherless homes.1
- Over 70% of prison inmates in America grew up in homes without their fathers1
- 85% of children with behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes2
- 71% of high school dropouts come from fatherless homes3
- 75% of adolescents in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes4
- 70% of kids who live in state institutions are from fatherless homes5
- 85% of all kids locked up in youth prisons had no father involved in their lives 6
Spiritual Headship of Fathers is Essential
It has been shown that spiritual leadership of fathers is much more influential on the stability and engagement of the family in the church.
- When a teenager is the first to connect to a church; 3.5% of the families follow.
When a wife/mom is the first to connect to a church; 22% of the families follow.
But when a man (husband/father) is the first to connect to a church; 93% of the families follow.1
- Christian marriages end in divorce approximately 45% of the time. But when a man prays with his wife daily only 1 out of 1,152 marriages end in divorce; that's less than 0.1%.'2